Friday, January 06, 2012

heavy heart



I've been debating whether to write about this or not, but I feel like I just need to.
It's certainly not what I would have liked my first post of 2012 to be about.

Unfortunately during the holidays one of Lulu's classmate's mother was killed.
It is tragic and absolutely terrible.
She was a loving mother of three children. Our class parent and an overall good person.
It's a complete shock to our entire community.
I see all her emails in my inbox and I can't even imagine hitting delete.
Her life has been snuffed out.
Three children no longer have a mother.
The worst part is the manner in which it all happened.
Horrible tragedy is an understatement.

Lulu knows that her classmates mommy died.
I've kept the main details from her.
Regardless of all the news trucks in the neighbourhood.
We've kept the T.V. and Newspapers out of her sight where ever possible.
She made this classmate a card and said that she feels so sad for him and his sisters.
I'm not really sure what else to say or do.
Definitely not something I've ever experienced before.

The really sad part is that the week before all this happened, the mom emailed me to say that her and the kids made special cookies and that they each were allowed to pick one person in the class who is always nice to them to give one to.
Lulu was really impressed and thrilled with the special treat and to be chosen as "the special friend".
I'm not sure what compelled me to take a photo of it before she decided to eat it.
But I'm so glad I did.....

5 comments:

Tania said...

So hard to fathom. My heart goes out to those three children.

Gabriella said...

No words to even describe what everyone must be going through. Those poor kids.

Lynn said...

That's so terrible - no one could possibly know what to do or say. My worst nightmare is not being able to be there for my kids. So sad.

Sonia said...

My thoughts are with those 3 children during this difficult time. Hugs to you and Lulu too.

Sandra said...

I can't even begin to imagine.... sounds like her family has some good community to gather round to help.