Friday, May 02, 2008

vitamin C-assage


I like to eat a healthy diet.
Especially after being so ill all winter.
I'm way more conscious about what I put into my body, and I've become a bit paranoid about getting sick again.
In fact, I feel like I'm always worried about Lulu or myself catching something-to the point where I feel like something is always lurking around every corner.
Is this normal?
now that I'm a mother am I supposed to be paranoid about colds and bugs?
I'll be reading a blog and hear about someone being sick and start panicking..."is there something going around the city again??"
This isn't rational is it?
I try to be in the moment as much as possible but I find myself thinking "what if lulu gets sick next week and I'm working on a job?"
I don't really have the type of job that I can call in sick to.
It's made me so reluctant to take on extra projects or make plans actually.
But that's life I guess.
It's by far the biggest challenge (for me) about being a parent.
The worry.
But originally I was going to write about food.
Which always seems to pacify any anxiety I might be feeling.
Seriously, one bite of chocolate and all my worries seem to melt away.
Needless to say I've been on a bit of a chocolate bender these past few days.
Aside from chocolate there are other food favorites that always seem to make me feel better, like this.
yum.
pass the sausage please and the vitamin C, D and E.

6 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

I am waaay more paranoid about getting sick these days and I think it's just because when you're a parent you have sooo many more responsibilities. My hubby has been struggling all winter so getting sick just WAS NOT an option and just knowing that freaked me out...

Glad you're feeling better these days.

amanda said...

Oh geez, I don't blame you for being paranoid about getting sick - especially after spending the entire winter sick.

Chocolate does it for me too... especially these days. Sounds like a good idea right about now actually.

indigo herself said...

i must confess. my weakness of late has been hagen das ice cream, the one with real vanilla and chocolate almonds. that and pizza. i had a bunch of deadlines and this comfort food sort of saved my soul. i am down a few pounds since january so the extra calories aren't going to be a worry.

Tania said...

Think "healthy thoughts". It couldn't hurt.

Sarah said...

PG, I was the same way this past January when our whole family (and everyone we knew) got the diarrhea/puke-fest. I seriously didn't want to leave the house again. I actually still haven't visited our local Children's Museum in over 6 months because of it, and for that, I feel a little guilty. Don't worry...spring is here and it will only get better. :)

kittenpie said...

I only really worry about sickness that involves vomiting and fevers, really, though that chinese hand, foot, and mouth thing has me a bit freaked about whether it could spread. Gah!