Wednesday, May 27, 2009

nine down- only 41 more to go


So today is our 9th wedding anniversary.
hip hip- hooray!
We made it this far.
Though I can't believe it's been that long already.
If you tack on the 3 years I knew big daddy before we were married that makes it 12 years!
Whaaat?
Seriously I can still remember when we first started dating.
Okay I admit it takes some serious concentration and some quiet "alone time" if ya know what I mean; ;
But honestly- 12 years I have been with the same guy.
So long I can't really imagine what my life would be like without him.
It's been a bit of a bumpy road these past couple of years, but I still know that without a doubt I'm with the man I'm meant to be with.
We are like a well oiled machine (okay so it's a bit of a rusty machine these days- but hey- it still works)
I'm a lucky gal to have a guy like Big daddy for a husband- did you hear that big D. yes I said lucky.
don't even think about holding that against me...
and hey you didn't do too badly yourself come to think of it ;
anyhow- that's it.
Just wanted to put it out there.
Happy Anniversary Big Daddy-o.
Still lovin' you after all these years.
Oh and don't forget to take out the recycling tonight ;
xoxo p.g.

7 comments:

amanda said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Sarah said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Tania said...

Awwww, happy anniversary!

karengreeners said...

happy anniversary! and hey, there's bound to be bumps along a 50-year road.

indigo herself said...

savour the deluxe-ness, your anniversary is my sweethearts b-day as it happens. here's to celebrating the good stuff in life.

kurrabikid said...

Nine years is great going! We're at nine too (though we never got hitched) - not all of them have been easy, but I am happy I'm here.

Karen MEG said...

Aw, sorry I missed this. It was adorable!

Congrats on 9 years!!!! That's amazing, it really is! Hope you did something special.

We're coming up to 16 this year (I met him almost 7 years before, okay, don't do the math cuz that makes me officially OLD :)