Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Orange Crush

Orange, a close relative of red, sparks more controversy than any other hue.
There is usually strong positive or negative association to orange and true orange generally elicits a stronger "love it" or "hate it" response than other colors.



I don't know about you, but lately I'm loving it.



Fun and flamboyant orange radiates warmth and energy. Interestingly, some of the tones of orange such as terra cotta, peach or rust have very broad appeal.



How the color orange effects us mentally and physically
Stimulates activity
Stimulates appetite
Encourages socialization




I'd say that's pretty accurate- especially the part about stimulating appetite...

"Orange is red brought nearer to humanity by yellow." --Kandinsky

3 comments:

Tania said...

Love it, but sure as hell can't wear it.

kurrabikid said...

I love to wear ... but my other half cringes when I do. (This does not generally stop me!)

Lynn said...

Lately I've also really been into orange. It just seems so warm and happy.

At least, I *was* really into orange, until I read somewhere recently that "all the soccer moms like orange." So then I felt all dirty because I was following some identifiable trend, and I didn't want to be all trendy.

So now I'm kind of a secret orange lover. Don't tell anyone. Shhh.