Tuesday, November 03, 2009

teaching the teacher


There are days when I need to remind myself just how lucky I am.
I need to stop feeling so blah and look at the positive things in my life- and there are plenty.
I just got back from my first parent- teacher meeting and can I just say how lucky Lulu is to have such a great teacher and to go to such a fantastic school?
I feel like we won the teacher lottery.
She gave Lulu glowing reviews and I felt so proud...and quite relieved.
Who really knows how your kid acts when they are at school vs. under your watchful eye?
I'm so glad she is thriving and enjoying all the challenges that school has to offer.

I am also feeling pretty grateful about her very entertaining piano teacher.
She had such a fun lesson this morning that it had me wishing I was four again and taking music lessons.
I was so proud watching her play her first full song today on the piano.
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart- no less.
Okay sure it was twinkle twinkle little star but still.
and who knew that Mozart wrote that when he was 4 years old?
humph...you learn something new every day.

So all this worrying about Lulu and her happiness is something I can put on the back burner for today- because she (&I) are so fortunate to have some really amazing people in her life.

The hardest arithmetic to master is that which enables us to count our blessings. ~Eric Hoffer

6 comments:

Tania said...

It's so easy to forget sometimes, isn't it? Glad that Lulu is in good teaching hands.

karengreeners said...

Glad to hear that you guys are sailing smooth waters. Good to put a mama's mind at ease.

mamatulip said...

I needed to read this post today, needed to shift over to your positive way of thinking.

:)

kurrabikid said...

Nice post. Thanks for the reminder to seek out the positives, too...

Gabriella said...

Thanks for the positivity!! Needed it big time!!

Mommy Jo said...

Something about your post makes me feel warm inside...thanks for that!