Friday, July 01, 2011

Our Home & Native Land



Woke up this morning without any plans and on a whim decided to go to a baseball game.
Lucky for us there were seats available and the weather was spectacular.
So that's what we did.





Bonus that we live 10 minutes from the Sky Dome.
Even better, we had no problem finding parking or with traffic & crowds.
Lulu loved all the pre-game activities outside the stadium.
Big Daddy & I enjoyed the cold beer, hot dogs & fresh peanuts.
Why is it that hot dogs taste that much better in a ball park?



The game was a close one (even though the Jays lost to Philly 7-6 boo...) but we had so much fun.
Going to a Blue Jays game wasn't officially on my summer to-do list, but I'm so glad we went.
We really have to do things like this more often.
Being spontaneous made it an even better experience.
It was one of the best Canada Day's that I can remember.



Those of us born in Canada often take for granted the physical beauty of this country and the amazing freedom we enjoy.
So happy 144th birthday Canada!
I'm very proud to call you my home.

No comments: