Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Summer to do List
Every summer, sometime around August, I kind of go into panic mode realizing that it's half way over and I haven't done all the fun things that I love to do.
This year I am making a list and am going to do my best to do at least half of what's on it.
Even better if I manage to do it all.
So here it is- my summer wish list for 2011.
1. Have a campfire and make s'mores. A bit of an obvious one- but definitely top of our must do's.
2. Have a picnic in a park with a group of friends. Re: 2 posts ago.
3. check out a few farmers markets. ie. Riverdale, Dufferin Grove, Brickworks and the Distillery.
4. Make pickles & peach jam. see above.
5. go canoeing.
6. go for a walk after dinner with Lulu and get ice cream. who am I kidding? we already do this frequently.
7. mini golfing
8. check out Art in The Park at Nathan Phillips.
9. Canada's Wonderland. Lulu's never been and I promised.
10. Marine Land. see above
11. collect bugs with Lulu and identify them.
12. day trip to my old home town and show Lulu where her momma used to sneak beer in the woods...err I mean where I went to church.
13. have a few of lulu's friends over for a ice cream make your own sundae party.
14. Visit my parents in Niagara On the Lake and bring our bikes to cycle the amazing bike paths.
15. Check out some Shaw Theatre. see above
16. have a pretend camp out in a tent in the back yard.
17. lie back and watch the clouds go by.
18. go to Sugar beach and then have a cold beer on the new patio in the Corus building.
19. go cherry picking
20. book babysitters and go out on the town with big daddy
21. have sex more often. see above.
22. did I actually just write that?
23. watch some fireworks. see above too. I wish...;
24. possible road trip to NYC to see Uncle P and the cousins
25. help Lulu keep a summer journal.
26. play badminton in a park
27. teach Lulu how to ride a bike without training wheels
28. stay fit and work out
29. go to a movie on a really hot day
30. have a puppet show
31. play cards
32. work on my "summer cook book"
33. go swimming often
34. make homemade lemonade
35. do lots of crafts with Lulu
36. read great books
37. keep getting lulu to read to me every day
38. have friends over for a BBQ.
39. take my mom for a special lunch
40. take a mini vacay- maybe Taboo or something up North.
41. Check out some music festivals in the city.
42. work on a few creative shoots with big daddy.
43. Blog more frequently.
44. go on a nature hike.
45. organize my music & make some great playlists.
46. have a home spa day with Lulu- cucumbers on the eyes and all.
47. sit on the front porch and watch the sun go down. (if the construction on our street is finished before the summer is over)
48. cat call and whistle at the construction workers on my street. hey if they can do it, so can I.
49. feed some baby ducks...oops already did that. see above photo.
and last but not least..
50. savour every minute of it because before I know it will be over.