Tuesday, July 08, 2008

stick it



Whoever invented stickers is brilliant (and must have had kids)
Which made me ask the question, who in fact invented stickers?
This is what I came up with.

"As a stamp collector it is easy to answer who was responsible-sir Rowland Hill 1839 with his postal reform.
In 1840 he introduced the first adhesive paper in the form of the penny black stamps.
So to all the effects, Sir Rowland Hill introduced the first sticker on the market and carries all the credits."

but I preferred this answer:

"Steve 'sticky' Stickton from Stickport on the Stickland Islands."

whoever it was...genius.
and thank-you.

4 comments:

kittenpie said...

Bet his house is full of Stickley furniture.

And his favourite album is the Rolling Stones' Sticky Fingers.

And he was once a stick-up man before he made his big discovery.

And his favourite movie is "Stuck On You."

And his favourite food is sticky rice, while his favourite dessert is sticky buns.

motherbumper said...

Stickers are the best dental friendly bribe in existence. Our life is filled with stickers and that makes me happy.

Lara said...

I love stickers! They are the ultimate prize, and the ultimate distraction. And my son doesn't care what they're of so I can get rid of all my useless scrapbooking stickers while he's still young :)

Sarah said...

ha ha...love it! And as a type-A person, I love the "no mess" that stickers bring as well! ha!