Wednesday, October 22, 2008

a year ago today


Yup, that's my little Baby Zebra on the cover of Canadian Family Magazine.
We shot the story last year- hard to believe another year has flown by.
This time last year both Lulu & I were sick with colds- lulu with her first ear infection.
She was on antibiotics and not feeling herself- thus her docile pose.
Under normal circumstances I think my little zebra would have been jumping up & down on the couch with all the halloween candy consumed that day.
Poor little thing- it was rice & bananas for her upset tummy due to her first antibiotic experience.
Wish I had known about Acidophilus back then.
But as crummy as we were both feeling- it was a fun shoot.
There's lots of great tips and ideas for a hassle free halloween.



I love the ghost costume idea.
we originally had 7 kids all lined up and walking down the street in their ghost costumes (all wearing black hightop converse)
Thank-you Converse!
But I don't think that shot made the cut.
It was pretty crazy trying to wrangle the kids and keep them from eating the "props" aka candy right off the bat, before we could get the shot.
But once we gave the green light..par-tay!


I love these shots of Lulu with the snake, scorpion and rat.
The child had NO fear whatsoever.
Me on the other hand-was trembling like shaggy on the other side of the studio.
Like lets get that tarantula back in its cage Scub..

Unfortunately this year once again, have both have bad colds- nothing too serious though and thankfully no ear infections.
Lulu's actually fine now, I'm just walking around with abox of kleenex in my hand.
This year we won't be hosting/shooting a halloween party.
Probably just having a few friends over.
And unfortunately Lulu already chose her costume at the supermarket.
yup. One of those super tacky, flimsy satin princess costumes.
$19.99.
Nothing too creative happening here this halloween.
At least for now.
we'll see what happens when next week rolls around.

7 comments:

Don Mills Diva said...

Oh my gosh - you're famous!

I'm going to see if I can find that issue on-line because Graham has his heart set on being a ghost!

Don Mills Diva said...

And by the way - do you know LeeAnee Wright?

She's my sister-in-law and she is a regular contributor to the food pages at CF...

Sarah said...

Hey - sometimes it's just nice to have a "chill" experience and breathe a little bit, right?

Mommy Jo said...

My oldest son, who is extremely scared of dogs, also chose his costume at the supermarket...a puppy!!! Go figure!
BTW, your little zebra, looks so sweet in her docile pose!

Tania said...

Unless you totally enjoy making your child's costume, why wouldn't you buy one at the supermarket? They've come a long way since we were kids.

petite gourmand said...

its true- the costumes have come a long way since we were kids.
has anyone seen the ones at pottery barn kids?
hilarious! but mucho $$$

kittenpie said...

Mine has come up with her own weird costume idea this year and is taking care of her own costuming, too. fine with me... She is a strange one, but when it means no work and a good laugh, I can totally roll with it!