Tuesday, May 18, 2010

resurfacing


It sucks to get sick.
But I'm happy to report that everyone seems to be back to normal.
For the past four weeks we have been on a sick rotation around here- and quite frankly I'm so glad to feel healthy again and getting on with life.
The one okay thing about being under the weather though, is that it forced me to take it easy for a couple of weeks.
So in that respect- maybe I kind of needed a bit of a break.
I had no idea I was feeling as run down as I was.
Anyhow I'm glad to feel better and can't wait to resume my never ending To Do List.



Before everyone got sick- I went to a baby shower for a friend of mine.
A couple of her friends put on the spread.
and can I just say not only was it beautiful but super delicious.
It was a very creative group of ladies all in one room- and a really great way to spend the afternoon.
Those little flower pots were mini chocolate puddings- super decadent- and so pretty don't you think?
there was also leek & asparagus filo tarts with goat cheese (they were devoured before I could snap a few pics)
and the most fantastic cherry lemonade- punch concoction.
Yum yum.




Not only pretty- but so delicious.

Speaking of baby showers- is it me or is that baby boom still going strong?
Every where I look it's babies babies everywhere these days.
And no I'm not getting baby fever- still happy with our family dynamic- but just an observation.
Then again- they don't call my neighbourhood breederville for nothing.
Our street almost needs a special stroller lane for all the kiddies.

Anyhow if you want to see more pics from that lovely shower you can find them here.
Oh and did I mention that the hostess hand painted all the white bottles using old glass jars?
So inspiring..
Add that to my To Do list
- save old jars and glass bottles and hand paint them.
or not.

3 comments:

kurrabikid said...

What a fantastic colour scheme. Looks like a lot of work went into planning that occasion...

And glad you're all on the mend, too.

emma said...

the jars are easy - just pour the paint in and wait for it to dry! thanks for the kind words. your pictures of the event are great.

Sonia said...

Absolutely lovely!