Thursday, August 19, 2010

pickled


We went to the St. Jacob's Farmers Market a couple of weeks ago and picked up some delicious fruit & veggies.
Oh and some incredible Mennonite smoked salami.
So I decided to make some pickles.
With the cucumbers not the salami.
I can't wait to crack open a jar in two months time.
In the mean time I'm trying to find a good template for some labels and have come up empty handed.
In the past I've just done them by hand- but I thought it might be faster to find something on line.
any suggestions would be great appreciated.
Next week I'm hoping on making my peach and vanilla bean jam- which if I do say so myself- is delicious.
I love this time of year with such an abundance of amazing produce.
It will be nice come February to have a little reminder of our sweet and delicious summer of 2010.

2 comments:

ms blue said...

Can I please buy some peach and vanilla bean jam from you? Seriously that sound divine.

Sonia said...

Mmm..that jam does sound really good! I love Mennonite salami. I think we need to drive out to St. Jacob's.

We've been addicted to sun pickles! I've been pickling every week or two and now I've got friends and family addicted to sun pickles. What I love is that they are ready to eat in 1-2 days.