Monday, August 23, 2010

rock lobster


Don't you just love rainy days?
Whoever invented glitter glue, magic markers, paint and paper puppets must have done so on a rainy summer day.
As much as I love spending every possible waking moment outside in the summer's fleeting months, I do have to admit, sometimes it's nice when it rains all day long and you're stuck inside with nothing to do.
well except maybe 6 loads of laundry...
But in addition to that fun-ness, Lulu and I got all Martha Stewart-ish and whipped up these puppets.
(there's also a lion, frog, pig, dog and a blue bird)
Cute huh?
If I'm being completely honest, I don't sit down and do stuff like this with Lulu often enough anymore.
Oh sure, I help her with her spelling and when she asks what colour crayon to use on her latest master piece, I'll give her my two cents (which is almost always- "I don't know sweetie, which one do you think would look best?")
But as I stopped for a moment this Sunday (thanks again mother nature for that rainy day) I realized how fast my little girl is growing up and how I need to stop what I'm doing more often and just do things like this with her.
The laundry can wait.
Paper puppets can't.
Which reminds me, I haven't had lobster all summer.
mmmm lobster....

3 comments:

kurrabikid said...

I know what you mean about not doing it enough. Lately I have been cramming freelance work into any available 5 minutes, which means plonking the boy in front of a DVD while the babe sleeps instead of actually playing with him. It's nearly all done though (the work, that is).

Sonia said...

Wow, you two have talent!!

Mac and Cheese said...

I could make puppets like that - if they came in a kit with instructions for dummies! Nice job!