Tuesday, June 29, 2010

the graduate



Well the first year of school is officially finished.
And what a fun year it has been.
When I think back to all of my apprehension and fears this time last year I can't believe that I ever felt that way.
Lulu really flourished this year and I couldn't be more proud knowing that she experienced one of life's big milestones with such enthusiasm and comprehension.
That kid is a Jolly Phonics expert- seriously.
It's so hard not to compare- but really watching her not only keep up with kids more than a year ahead of her (and in many cases- surpass) how can I not be so proud?
I love that she is practically reading now- and I can't wait for her to be able to experience tucking into a favourite book and reading it all on her own.
That's not to say that I don't still love reading stories to her every night.
Her writing has come along way as well- her letters are precise and in most cases really neat & tidy.
That makes one of us...
Then there all the great new friends (and parents) that she (I've) met.
So nice to really feel like we are officially part of our community.
Anyhow I've written about this in the past, but I'm just so incredibly grateful that we live in such a fantastic neighbourhood with such an excellent school with so many great teachers.
Feeling blessed at the moment is an understatement.
Fingers crossed that next year we'll be as lucky as we were this year.
But as much fun as school was this year, I'm very happy to officially say hello to summer break or as Lulu & I were singing all morning.....
Skool's Out For The Summer.

2 comments:

kurrabikid said...

What a lovely, happy post. Well done, Lulu!

Tania said...

Keener. ;)