Sunday, June 10, 2007

pancakes shmancakes


I thought I would put my personal spin on the typical Sunday pancake.
Low in fat, high in fibre and big on taste.
Corn cakes with Smoked Salmon & Creme Fraiche
(or low fat sour cream if you don't feel like being fancy)
I actually did a couple of batches, one with grated manchego cheese and one without.
these also would be great with a bit of diced jalapeno and grilled chorizo sausage and a tomato salad on the side.
Or some smokey bacon and a poached egg with some spicy salsa.
Lots of options with this one.
But I kept it light and healthy today, sticking to a couple of slices of smoked salmon and a dollop of low fat sour cream
I didn't have and chives on hand, but they would have been a nice garnish.
3/4 c cornmeal
3/4 c flour
1 tbsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 pepper
2 eggs
1 1/3 buttermilk
7 oz corn
1/3 c chopped red pepper
2 green onions chopped
non fat sour cream
mix dried ingredients then wet.
mix together
each pancake is 1/4 c.
cook 2-4 minutes per side.
It was fast and easy, and a great way to start the day.
Well that and the mimosa didn't hurt either...

3 comments:

Betsy Mae said...

I'm totally making these for fathers day breakie...my husband will love them. I am so happy you are starting to post some recipes, I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

amanda said...

OOOOOhhhh.... I'm drooling right now. Sounds soo good... especially with manchego!

indigo herself said...

wow. impressive, oh to be a lucky one invited to your table.