Friday, June 08, 2007

take out


There are those times when I so don't feel like cooking dinner.
Usually it's when Lulu has been waking me up at 2:45 am several nights in a row.
Only to decide to get up at 5:45 a.m. in the morning.
what's with the :45 thing anyway?
Oh how I long for just one night of 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep...
anyhow my point is sometimes when I'm feeling exhausted, instead of eating something healthy and nutritious that would actually improve my mood and energy levels I end up reaching for my big pile of take out menus.
One of my favourite take out places is here.
The way this week has been going I could end up having take out every night.
But today is a new day, and despite being woken up at 2 then again at 3:30 then again at 5 am I'm really going to try to not let the sleep deprivation get to me this weekend.
This morning I started my day out with a bowl of Nature's Path multigrain oatbran flakes with fresh kiwi, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and low fat soy milk.
Going to try to have a nice light salad for lunch and not reach for the carbs since I'll most likely be dragging my ass by lunch time and craving carbs to keep me going.
And no take out for dinner.
that's the plan anyhow.
we'll see what happens when six o'clock rolls around and I'm lying in the middle of the kitchen floor with a two year old jumping all over me yelling "wake up Mommy, wake up!!"

1 comment:

amanda said...

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is occasionally semi-passed out (from exhaustion) by 6pm. haha!