Saturday, September 02, 2006
I've been tagged..
But I responded after my third glass of Coopers Creek and posted on Sheena comment page.
Reason #1 not to drink & post.
I'm really becoming a cheap drunk.
so this is what I came up with last night in response to Sheena's 5 things to eat before you die...
will be in piedmont during truffle season this year...
oh and creme brule. yeah baby.
durian is delicious, especially when pick straight from the tree. amazing.
okay, let's get down to business.
5 things I would recommend:
1. Buffalo mozzarella.
very simple and now readily available.
never cut it with a knife, just gently tear in into pieces.mmm.
2. satay skewers on a road side stand in Thailand.
it may seem a little daunting but trust me, the best mystery meat I've ever had.
3. I'm with sheena on this one,
frois gras or truffles...very deliciously sexy.
4. lamb chops from St. Malo France.
these little creatures feed on only the salt encrusted meadows by the sea-side.
5. speaking of sea-side...Cancale oysters, picked fresh, with the seaweed hanging from the shell.
no garnish, lemon, or hot sauce necessary.
6. (i know I'm going over)
crack the windows..
Pont l'veque fromage or chabichou...mmmm
7. rosemary chocolate truffles from J.S. bonbon here in T.O.
oh la la.
My To Do List:
1 .Coney island hot dog on Coney island.
2. a falafel in the middle east.
3. chorizo sausage sandwich in Borough Market in London,
big daddy assures me it is worth the wait in the Que.
4. sashimi in tokyo.
5.anything on the menu at French Laundry in California...not the one in Vegas...
or if I can't get a reservation,
a meal at Michael Stadghtlander farm.