Friday, September 22, 2006

a little nuts



mission accomplished.
managed to get a ton of things done yesterday.
in addition to all the organizing and cleaning I managed to have something other than a fruit smoothie for breakfast.
home-made muesli.
bake various nuts (sliced almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds & pepitas) and some oats for around 10-15 min @375 f.
make sure to keep an eye on them, as they burn easily.
while they are baking mix veg. oil (tlbs) honey (6 tlbs) apple juice or cider (1/4 cup), cinnamon (1 tlbs), ground ginger (tlbs)
then pour over nuts, make sure to coat well.
bake for another 10 minutes or so.
the house will smell amazing....mmmm..
add some chopped dried fruit. I used apricots, dates & dried cranberries.
then let cool, serve with organic yoghurt.
de-lish.
tip. make extra, put in small glass mason jar and give to someone as a gift.
I left one on my neighbour's doorstep (as she just had a baby)
I just hope she doesn't have any nut allergies.

2 comments:

myredwagon said...

okay you are a regular Martha Stewart...again I aspire to be like this..can you come over and give me lessons?

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Not sure how else to get in touch with you... I see that you are part of the mommy blogging world and a foodie too (not to mention a fan of Lloyd Dobler who is the love of my life). Anyway, I work at Random House of Canada and am wondering if you'd be interested in doing some book reviews for your blog? I saw your "stuff that I'm reading" section and think that I have a few books that you might like. If this sounds like something that would be of interest to you, please send me an email and we can talk a bit more! khenderson@randomhouse.com